My Notes From The Lindseys ‘Manifestation’ Conference In Nigeria (Day 1)
My name is Modesta and I am honoured to be sharing this with you today.
My journey to knowing God intimately –
Purposeful decision to know God intimately – (and this means a life where you choose to serve God not because your parents required you to but because life experience have taught you that it can only be Him loving you unconditionally) started a while ago.
To know Him intimately is to Totally depend on Him. Hearing him speak to me.
I still struggle with my human self; the struggle of balancing work that He entrusted in my hand and serving Him. It was on one of those occasions that I had to conclude that once the Holy Spirit ministers to you, Just obey. God’s ways surely brings no Regret.
So on a Friday evening, I was in bus going home from work calculating in my head all the fabrics that I would sew up that night,the next day being Saturday. I got a call from Miss Millicent of TWTW (Sisters don’t let sister miss a program lol) and she was like “Modesta there is a conference at Guiding light assembly and Heather Lindsey would be ministering, you will really love it”
I was like who is Heather!
I grumbinngly accepted hoping she doesn’t call the next day…lol.
It was a battle to leave my sewing machine.
I finally got to the program and I was glad I obeyed (one of the best decisions: Working for God and Working with God).
Here I will be sharing what I learnt from the conference aside the awesome feeling of being in His presence.
Heather preached on “from the pit to the palace” using Joseph’s story.
God’s Manifestation :
Keys to manifesting God in any area of life that He has called you to – business, career, marriage, relationship, family etc.
– Be born again.
– Accept God’s love totally. If God says He loves you, He loves you totally.
– Speak and dwell with people of like minds.
– Represent His Sonship wherever you are: A woman took her son to an occasion without her husband (the child’s father) and a stranger saw the son and called him by his father’s name. The stranger was able to recognize/identify the boy as his father’s son even without his father being present. This should be the same case with us as sons of God. Anywhere you are, you should represent your Father (God) well.
– Understand your weakness, strength, perfection and imperfection in God. The more you give God your weaknesses, the more He gives you His strength. Sin separates us from God but His grace is sufficient for us. Connect to God and the sins of the flesh will not consume you.
– Stay focused and faithful to God: We all know the story of Joseph the dreamer (Gen 37:1-14), he stayed focused and faithful to God even when it was uncomfortable. Stay focused and true to the dreams God has placed in your hands until they manifest.
– When the Spirit speaks to you about anything, don’t remove or add to it. Meekness is strength under control. Let God show off in you.
What Can Hinder Manifestation?
– Doubt! Doubt brings fear while faith and total trust in God conquers it all.
– Disengage from injustice. Say to yourself I ain’t playing this game anymore.
– War between flesh and Spirit. These days, we are controlled by the social media – we post images and all, only to check how many people like it or not. Thus seeking validation from men/strangers rather than from God. We now live for people’s approval instead of manifesting God’s purpose. (1 Corinthians 5:38).
When the program ended and we (I and Millicent ) set to go home, we got to our destination without paying a dime…lol.
I kept singing in my heart This God ee….I asked her, “Hey Mimi how come it was my number you dialed when you were looking for who to invite for this program.”
She laughed and couldnt figure it out.
The Spirit bears witness and when God directs you, Simply obey because its for your benefit at the end.
Do you feel God manifestation in your life? Do you still struggle with balancing work and your time with Him? Share with us in the comment section below.
Modesta Amuche is a lady with a passion for fashion and a heart for the Lord.
Visit her blog at http://blog.ellaseams.com
Ps: Registered for the women at the well first meet for the year yet?
It holds on March 4th 2017. Details on the flyer below.
Registration is free but compulsory.
Register for free here
We know that NOW, only Jesus can fill up our empty spaces.
We are based in Lagos Nigeria and hold live meets every third quarter of the year.
And we would be glad to have you join us. Mail email@example.com
Latest posts by firstname.lastname@example.org (see all)
- Guide To Spending Time With God Series || Start Afresh - August 17, 2017
- Guide To Spending Time With God Series || No Condemnation - August 10, 2017
- Being Unceasing In Prayer - August 8, 2017